33rd Annual Bike Race & Ride!
The 33rd Annual Bike Race & Ride between the NDSU and UND Newman Centers will be on Saturday, April 28th. If you're involved in the race we ask that you be at Newman at 8 am on April 28th. This is a race for those who are interested in riding hard or a ride for those who just want to participate: both elements are important in order to win!
WHERE: Meet at St. Paul’s Newman Center. Bus to Hillsboro and bike 25 mile route.
WHEN: Saturday, April 28th
GOAL: Recruit 250 riders & raise $185,000
YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN FOUR WAYS
1) RIDING IN RACE & RIDE - How do I register to ride?
- CLICK HERE TO CREATE YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE. Riders are asked to raise $200 in pledges to ride or they can pay the $25 registration fee.
- Check in is FRIDAY, APRIL 27th at St. Paul's Newman Center, where you will receive your rider number & t-shirt after you have turned in your Medical Release form and/or Pledge Forms
- Please be at Newman by 8 am on Saturday, April 28th – race starts at 9am!
2) SPONSOR A RIDER - How do I sponsor a rider or donate towards the bike race?
- CLICK HERE to make a donation and sponsor a rider.
- If you want to support a specific rider, click 'Support A Friend' and search for them.
- Send a check (bike race and name of rider in memo line) made out to the Newman Center:
- 1141 N. University Dr. Fargo, ND 58102
- Help at the the finish line
- Manning rest stops
- Setting up for lunch
- Become a Captain and get your friends to ride
4) BECOME A CORPORATE SPONSOR - How do I become a Corporate Sponsor?
- CLICK HERE - to fill out our Corporate sponsorship form
FAQs ABOUT THE RACE & RIDE
WHY SHOULD I RIDE?
· To support the mission of the Newman Center
· To help us beat UND J
· Cause it's loads of fun
· You get a free Bike Race & Ride T-Shirt.
· Free meal at the end of the Race!
· Spaghetti dinner the night before
· You could win some MAJOR PRIZES...
· It's a great excuse to work out!!! J
HOW DO I FUNDRAISE?
· We'll help you do it in 4 easy steps:
1.Fill out document THIS FORM (54 KB) with 20 names and addresses of family and friends who would sponsor you.
2. Come to a fundraiser night: we will print off a personalized letter with your contacts and all you have to do is add a personal note and sign
3. Come to a Phone-a-thon: We will have phone-a-thons on April 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, and 19. See calendar for exact times. We supply the names and numbers of Newman supporters. You just call and ask them to support and sponsor YOU
4. Send out emails to your contacts to sponsor you with the link to your fundraising page (or share it on social media!)
· If you aren’t interested in fundraising to support the mission of the Newman Center, you may pay a fee of $25 when you register
HOW FAR IS THE RACE & RIDE?
· The Race & Ride is 25 miles and the course runs along Hwy 13 from Hillsboro to Caledonia and back.
· image CLICK HERE (41 KB) for a map of the course we ride.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A BIKE?
· Don't worry if you want to ride we'll find you a bike!! CLICK HERE and we'll get you one.
WHAT IF I CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE END OF THE RACE?
· We have "ZOOM" vehicles that travel the route and pick up anyone that can't make it because of mechanical issues or any other reason.
· There are three rest stops along the route for you to get some refreshments and take a break if you need it.
DRAFT TEAMS AND PRACTICE RUNS?
· If you're interested in a draft team:
Did you say MAJOR PRIZES? (Student AND non-student riders 18 or older are eligible to win)
1. Top Fundraiser gets a Car!! Yes, that's right! The person who fundraises the most will be awarded a brand new Mitsubishi Mirage!!
2. Second Place Fundraiser gets a 49/50cc Scooter
3. Third Place Fundraiser gets a Road Bike
4. Drawing for $1,000 CASH PRIZE!
*Every $250 you fundraise = 1 ticket in the drawing*
*Every Captain who recruits 10 riders gets 1 free ticket*
5. Top Rider gets a $500 gift card to be used at the Scheel's Bike Shop, plus a FREE custom bike fitting service ($200 value)...total $700 value!!
CLICK HERE to become a corporate sponsor
Please support our Corporate Sponsors!