The Newman Center now has a Parish Nurse...
Renee Johnson, RN
FREE, CONFIDENTIAL, AND FRIENDLY!
- Newman Center (use East door by East parking lot)
What is the Parish Nurse’s primary goal?
- Promote the health and well-being of the NDSU student community as an advocate for holistic health: body, mind and spirit, while integrating faith and reason.
What specific things will the Parish Nurse do?
- Individual counseling on health-related issues
- Health education – both individual and group
- Health screening for students/parishioners
- Refer and assist with needed health services, utilizing community resources
- Create support groups within the parish community
- Make hospital or home visits if needed.
What if someone that thinks they are pregnant? Is this an appropriate place for them to visit?
- YES! They will be treated with dignity in a non-judgmental, confidential atmosphere.
- FREE PREGNANCY TESTS AND COUNSELING AVAILABLE
Are there resources available at the Parish Nurse office?
-Yes, all resources are free. Stop by and check our books, pamphlets, etc.
What about students going into a health related field?
- Support for health care professional students
- Provide nursing students with volunteer opportunities