Bike Race and Ride FAQs
Why should I ride?
- To support the mission of the Newman Center
- To help us beat UND
- Cause it's loads of fun
- You get a free Bike Race & Ride T-Shirt.
- Free meal at the end of the Race!
- Spaghetti dinner the night before
- You could win some MAJOR PRIZES...
- It's a great excuse to work out!!!
How do I fundraise?
- We'll help you do it in 4 easy steps:
1.Fill out this form with 20 names and addresses of family and friends who would sponsor you.
- Come to a fundraiser night: we will print off a personalized letter with your contacts and all you have to do is add a personal note and sign. See calendar for times on March 19, 21, and April 3.
- Come to a Phone-a-thon: We will have phone-a-thons March 27, April 6, 8, 10, 13, and 15. See calendar for exact times. We supply the names and numbers of Newman supporters. You just call and ask them to support and sponsor YOU
- Send out emails to your contacts to sponsor you with the link to your fundraising page (or share it on social media!)
*If you aren’t interested in fundraising to support the mission of the Newman Center, you may pay a fee of $25 when you register
How far is the Race & Ride?
- The Race & Ride is 25 miles and the course runs along Hwy 13 from Hillsboro to Caledonia and back.
- Click Here for a map of the course we ride.
What if I don't have a bike?
- Don't worry if you want to ride we'll find you a bike!! Click Here and we'll get you one.
What if I can't make it to the end of the race?
- We have"Zoom" vehicles that travel the route and pick up anyone that can't make it because of mechanical issues or any other reason.
- There are three rest stops along the route for you to get some refreshments and take a break if you need it.
Are there draft teams and practice runs?
- If you're interested in a draft team: